We wish to appoint a Research Associate to the Sheffield Institute for International Development. The appointee will work as a postdoctoral researcher on the recently awarded project ‘Towards Convivial Conservation: Governing Human-Wildlife Interactions in the Anthropocene’ (CON-VIVA, 2018-2021). Candidates with a background in relevant social sciences (anthropology, geography, sociology, political science, etc.) will be considered, especially candidates with expertise in the broad areas of environment and development, political ecology, natural resources management and conservation.
Responsibilities will include:
- performing research on the (challenges to the) prospects and possibilities of convivial conservation (internationally by studying global conservation events and actors and comparatively across the four cases within the project)
- assisting in the coordination and management of the CON-VIVA project
- occasional teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
- participating in management activities.
- Applicants should submit a CV, a letter explaining your interest in the position (no more than 2 pages) and a two-page research proposal (not including the bibliography) that can be completed in two years. Reference letters will be requested for shortlisted candidates. Please apply via the link here.